Youth Road Provincials + TT Provincials

This was my third weekend on the island after coming over for the Dove Creek Stage Race, and the Podium Search- put on by the Canadian Sport Institute: it was well organised, lots of fun and really interesting to see our how I did in each test. Then it was the Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series and last was this race, the Youth Road Provincials and time trial Provincials in the Comox Valley!

I got to pre-ride the road course the day before the race and discuss with my team mate, Clara Mackenzie, our strategy for the following day. I raced u17 women, but we were put with the u19 women for the road race which made for more aggressive racing and a larger category.



All the youth at the start of the Youth Provincial Road Race
Guys are such posers :-P


Sooo, race day... After riding up to the race, we rolled out, warmed up and were off! The first 2 laps (out of 7)  stayed pretty tame, until I attacked on the hill at the start/finish. Gillian Ellsay was on me right away, with the others chasing back on fairly quickly. The race was that way for the following couple laps, with me attacking and Gillian staying with me, then a chase group catching us. A lap before the finish, as the chase group caught us again, attacks and counter attacks were launched, until it came down to Gillian and I in a break, coming down to a track-like sprint for the finish. After playing cat and mouse for a bit, Gillian attacked and won the race with me as the u17 BC road champ, and second in the sprint. All in all, a fun aggressive 63 km on a beautiful, rolling course, and I can't wait until next year were we will hopefully have even more girls racing!!


u17/u19 Women's Road Race

The following day I got to race the u17 time trial championships on a super cool, quiet course, again in the Comox Valley. A couple weeks before this, I got to race this course at the Dove Creek Stage Race, so I knew it pretty well. I ended up as the u17 Provincial time trial champ and the chance to meet and hang out with lots of other kids after the race, while waiting for the podium- which I must say, was very impressive with almost everyone in full kit and full podiums!!!

Thanks to Richard Ellsay and the Comox Valley Cycle Club for putting on an awesome event as well as Local Ride Racing, Kicking Horse Coffee, Golden Ears Physio, Giant Bikes Canada, Power2Max, Cycles Lambert and Cycling BC for the continuous support! :)



All the Youth Road Provincial Champs




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back on (the) Track

Junior Track World Championships 2016

January European Track Adventure