TrackFest 1

What better way to prepare for Superweek than 3 full days of track racing?! TrackFest 1 was an epic (not to mention warm weathered) weekend of track racing, with a small but strong u17/u19 women's category.

The weekend started out with me making the journey out to Victoria... without my dad! A big milestone for me ;) Anyway, I saw a pod of orcas on the ferry, then got picked up by my Clara Mackenzie on the other side! Off to the track!!

The Friday evening started off with a Team Pursuit with Clara, Gillian Ellsay and I on a team, which was a lot of fun. I hadn't been on the track in a while, so it was a good test to see how everything felt and such without having to attack and ride in a pack! Following that was the Kieran, where I got pushed back to second-to-last wheel at the start behind the motorcycle, but I managed to come around with one lap to go and win the race.


The next day was a long, full day of aggressive racing! It started with the Flying 200 were I didn't get my best time but a fast enough one to get second behind Clara. Following that, I won the Points Race and lapped the field with a few other girls, and then Clara beat me in the sprint finish for the Elimination! We finished the day tied for first.


Scratch Race


On top of those other races, I also did the Sprint Tournament and after some aggressive sprints, I came out the Sprint Champion. All in all, a great, sunny day spent racing and hanging out with awesome people!

The Sunday of Trackfest brought another full morning of racing with the Scratch Race, Individual Pursuit and 500 m Time Trial. The Scratch Race turned out really hard to get away in, despite many attacks. I won the close, final sprint! After that, Clara and I raced the Team Sprint, which was short and lively!

Time Trial


My Individual Pursuit was 2 km, so 6 laps. My line felt great and my times seemed pretty consistent and even picked up near the end. So I won this, but then Clara won the Time Trial with her super strong standing start, which is something I got some tips on and have been working on since, so it was a great learning experience for me! :-)

In the end, I did win the Omnium, but it was really close which made for some competitive, nerve-racking racing!

Thanks to Kelyn Akuna, the commissaires and the GVVA for hosting Trackfest 1!

Thanks always to Local Ride Racing, Kicking Horse Coffee, Golden Ears Physio, Giant Bikes Canada, Power2Max, Cycles Lambert and Cycling BC for the continuous support! :)

Maggie:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back on (the) Track

Junior Track World Championships 2016

January European Track Adventure