Whistler Cyclocross

Whistler Cyclocross brought an awesome double header weekend, with a very professionally-run race, fun atmosphere and a very unique course!

It all started out with day 1 of Whistler Cyclocross with a very mountain bike like course with a long run-up, multiple switch backs and then to contrast the mountain bike part, a windy ride through the town! I was racing elite women which went in the afternoon and gave me lots of time to pre-ride the course and help my sister work on her lines! In the early afternoon we were off and I was fast to clip in and first dismounted and up the stairs. Having five very strong women in the race meant you had to give it your all and had no choice but to "leave everything on the course." After one lap, the group split and I had to spend much of the race battling with the two ahead of me to the finish. On and off the bike, a crash here and there and after a 45 minute race, I finished in fifth place not too far off of the others, but had no doubt that Sunday would be a better day!!


My sis and I (Kaelen) Pre-race warm up
Photo By: Clint Trahan

The course was then changed for day two, with a little more flow (less switch backs) and a bit of a shorter hill. Once again, I rode some warm-up laps and after rocking out to some Katy Perry, we were off. I had a fast start, once again, and held my top 3 position for most of the race, chasing down the riders in front of me and being chased by one behind me! It was really aggressive racing and no one gave up until they crossed the line! And hey- I didn't crash!!! Coming across the line in 3rd place was definitely exciting for me, as I was racing against some very strong, elite racers.


Photo By: Clint Trahan

All in all, a hot, awesome weekend of racing, with a beautiful hotel right on the course, a very professionally run race, and loads of smiles all around!

Thanks to Whistler Blackcomb for hosting and running the event!! Thanks Jason at Loudenterprise for doing some mechanics on my bike before the race! :)

Also, thanks always to Local Ride Racing, Cycles Lambert, Kicking Horse Coffee, Golden Ears Physio, Giant Bikes Canada, Power2Max and Cycling BC for the continuous support!

Maggie

Photo By: Clint Trahan





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back on (the) Track

Junior Track World Championships 2016

January European Track Adventure